Struggling to See Success with Some of Your Speech Clients?
Learn how Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS) might be holding them back
and how you can help.
You can learn to treat CAS effectively with just one course!
With this single, easy-to-understand course, you'll learn how to identify, diagnose, and treat Childhood Apraxia of Speech to see the highest rates of success with the children you work with.ENROLL NOW
TREATMENT OF CHILDHOOD APRAXIA OF SPEECH; A PRACTICAL GUIDE
Learn Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Clients Succeed
This course will teach you:
- What is Childhood Apraxia of Speech (CAS)
- How to identify suspected Childhood Apraxia of Speech in Early Intervention clients
- How to identify Childhood Apraxia of Speech in 3- 5 year olds
- How to design treatment plans for CAS clients of all ages, including children who are verbal but have poor prosody and vowel errors.
- CAS and the school age child. Learn how to work on phonological awareness to improve reading skills.
- The exact techniques, tools, and strategies you need to treat CAS
Plus you'll have access to monthly LIVE Zoom calls where I review cases and answer YOUR questions.ENROLL NOW
Why Do You Need This Course?
- Very little is taught about CAS in grad school
- Without adequate training, it can be hard to distinguish between CAS and other speech sound disorders
- Many therapists get stuck when the typical language based or articulation therapy techniques don't work
This course will walk you through everything you need to know about CAS, so you can help your clients succeed!
Start Treating CAS Clients Privately
Are You Worried You Don't Know Enough to Treat CAS Clients Privately?
By the time you finish this course, you will have everything you need to start treating CAS clients privately. You’ll learn:
- What exactly CAS is
- The telltale signs that indicate suspected CAS in toddlers
- How to diagnose CAS in young children
- School age children and CAS
- Specific treatment strategies, approaches, and even some toys and therapy resources to use
Plus, you'll have live access to me via monthly Zoom calls where we break down real client cases and answer YOUR questions!
What's Included In The Course
This course, along with the monthly live Zoom meetings, contains EVERYTHING you need to be confident in treating CAS. The lessons are short, easy to understand, and designed to fit into a busy schedule.
- 12 Easily Digestible Video Lessons
- Bonus Case Study of an Actual CAS Case
- More Than 40 Video Therapy Demonstrations to Bring Each Technique to Life
- Monthly Mentorship via LIVE Zoom Sessions With Me to Answer All Your Questions
- Access to All Previously Recorded Zoom Meetings
- Links to Products & Resources to Help You in Your Therapy
- Additional PDF Handouts to Guide You in Treatment & Share With Your Clients
- You will receive a certificate for clinical maintenance hours, and the ability to earn an additional bonus 4.5 hours for watching the recorded zoom sessions, which can be used toward your ASHA and state CEU requirements.
Treatment of Childhood Apraxia of Speech; A Practical Guide
What is Childhood Apraxia of Speech?
Understanding CAS is a vital component in successful treatment. In this lesson, you will learn about different speech sound disorders, what CAS is, and how it affects children.
Differential Diagnosis of CAS
CAS can often be confused with other speech sound disorders. In this lesson, you will learn the exact steps, tests, and methods to use in order to diagnose CAS.
In this lesson, you will learn the three evidence-based approaches for treating CAS, as well as suggestions for augmentative alternative communication during the process.
Goals of Treatment
Your treatment goals will guide the CAS therapy. In this lesson, you'll learn how to determine the therapy goal, the framework for CAS treatment, and what decisions need to factor into the treatment plan.
In this lesson, you will learn the pre-cursors to CAS therapy, the guidelines for target selection, tips for eliciting repetition, and ideas for specific toys and books to use in treatment.
Multisensory / Visual Cueing Techniques
In this lesson you will learn the backbone of CAS therapy: different kinds of cueing and when and how to apply each.
Tactile & Auditory/Verbal Cueing
Tactile cueing is a higher level of cueing. This lesson will teach you when it is appropriate to use tactile cueing and how to use auditory / verbal cueing.
Feedback & Fading Cues
In this lesson, you'll learn how to incorporate feedback into your therapy, and how to gradually fade cues.
Vowel distortions greatly impact intelligibility. In this lesson, you will learn how to help children produce vowels accurately.
In this lesson, you'll learn how to help children develop appropriate skills surrounding prosody and co-articulation.
Suspected Apraxia of Speech
In this lesson, I'll take you from diagnosis through treatment for a child that CAS is suspected. I discuss my decision making process.
CAS and the School Age Child
Specific issues related to the school age population is discussed. In depth discussion of reading difficulties in children with CAS.
BONUS LESSON: Case Study
In this bonus lesson, I'll take you through an entire case from diagnosis through treatment, showing exactly what I did throughout.
Apraxia Course Assessment
At the end of the course, you'll have the opportunity to take a quiz to assess how much you've learned and receive a certificate of completion.
This Course Is For You If...
- You have clients who aren't succeeding with traditional language-based therapy techniques
- You want to open your own CAS private practice but are worried you don't know enough
- You want to work with CAS clients but don't know where to start
- You've tried other CAS courses but found them too technical, without enough practical information
- You are a parent and want to learn more about CAS and / or support your child through CAS treatment
LET ME INTRODUCE MYSELF
I'm Alonna Bondar
I am a PROMPT certified pediatric speech language pathologist with over 20 years of experience. I specialize in apraxia and other speech sound disorders. I enjoy working with children with various diagnoses, especially those with down syndrome and autism.
Early on in my career as speech language pathologist, there were some children that were not making adequate progress utilizing a language based therapy approach. I began researching other treatment methods and realized that childhood apraxia of speech was the underlying issue. Therefore, these children needed a motor based speech approach.
Over the years I have worked with countless clients with CAS and trained dozens of SLPs. It became apparent that it was difficult for therapists to find a course that is easy to understand, engaging, and fully prepares them to work with CAS clients.
I am passionate about CAS education and my goal is to make the information around CAS easy to understand and implement, so you can start working with CAS clients immediately.
"The title of this course could not be more appropriate. Alonna has done a fantastic job of walking you through everything you need to know to ACTUALLY work with children who have CAS. She covers all aspects of CAS intervention - from assessment and identification to treatment and carryover! I have never taken such a comprehensive course on apraxia - and I have taken a lot of courses! I really love how she included SO MANY videos of actual therapy, so you can see what CAS therapy looks like."
-Suzanne Aldrich, SLP @playingspeech
"I am an Early Intervention speech pathologist who has returned to work after raising my 5 children for many years. Your course was and will continue to be extremely helpful and valuable to me. You have a gift for explaining things in a thorough yet easy, engaging manner. I enjoyed the course and will return to it frequently"
-Jennifer Dennean SLP
"Alonna has a talent for explaining things so well, that even a parent can understand. I felt like I had a much better understanding of CAS. I could also help my daughter at home and further understand what and why my daughters speech therapist was doing in a session. I received many great toy/game ideas to play with my daughter and help her with speech. Overall I highly recommend this course to any parent who wants to learn more about CAS and would like to give added support to their child at home.!!"
- Laura R. Parent